Thursday, January 3, 2013

Which Camera Would Be Best?

I've got a gift card for $200 which I intend on purchasing a camera with.
Mostly I take photos of my dogs, notably I'm doing a 52 weeks project with them this year.
Currently using a Kodak EasyShare Z740 which is just terrible on all accounts at the moment.

There are a few on sale at the store I can shop at.
1.
Canon PowerShot SX160
http://www.blacks.ca/blacks/jump/product/33866/Canon-Powershot-SX160-IS-Black/cat40007/Compact-Digital-Cameras/product.jsp?prdId=33866

2.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15
http://www.blacks.ca/blacks/jump/product/33198/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-ZS15-%28Black%29/cat40007/Compact-Digital-Cameras/product.jsp?prdId=33198

3.
Nikon Coolpix AW100
http://www.blacks.ca/blacks/jump/product/32558/Nikon-Coolpix-AW100-Orange/cat40007/Compact-Digital-Cameras/product.jsp?prdId=32558

I like the look of the Canon the best especially with the pop-up flash. Not sure why exactly I like the look best, but I do. Another appeal is that I wouldn't have to spend any money, the card should cover all expenses on it.

Panasonic seems to be getting the best ratings out of the 3 from what I'm seeing. I know it's my preference for television brands, but I haven't heard much about it in the camera world.

I like the Nikon due to it's resistant nature. However, I purchased a waterproof fujifilm last year, specs looked alright for the price but aside from underwater shots the thing is essentially a paperweight. Cannot get any sort of quality out of it, so I am a little reluctant.

There's also this one for the cheaper price:
http://www.blacks.ca/blacks/jump/product/33965/Nikon-Coolpix-S01-White/cat40007/Compact-Digital-Cameras/product.jsp?prdId=33965
However, with the money I am looking to get a fairly decent quality camera, so if it's a large sacrifice to quality for the price, I don't want to consider it.

Thanks to all that have taken the time to go through this for me.
Added (1). The store which I can purchase from does not seem to carry fujifilm
>>> Which Camera Would Be Best?