Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nikon Coolpix S3100 lens error?

I've had this camera for just over a year and I have never dropped it because I've always made sure to take great care of it, but after it spending a month at my friends house because I accidentally left it there the lens won't fully open. If I turn it on it'll open half way then get all jolty and stay there, the picture is really blurry. Sometimes it'll open a little more than that, and if I zoom in, it'll distort a little then I'll get a clear picture and it'll work, but I don't know why it only happens sometimes.
Also, if I look into the lens, it looks like a piece has broken off inside, but I have no idea how it would have happened, the person's house that it was at said they never used it or anything.
I am fully aware that I probably can't fix it myself and it'll likely cost more to repair than it is worth but I'm looking for more information on it if possible.
Added (1). I've just seen that when turning it on (Sorry I'm not all technical with cameras) There's a little circle hole, and something I'm assuming that is supposed to align with that hole but it's not.It's only half aligned with the hole, I'm assuming that's the problem…
>>> Nikon Coolpix S3100 lens error?