Thursday, January 3, 2013

How to become a better photographer?

I'm 13, and I have always had an eye for art. I've tried drawing and that just does not work, and I thought of photography. I just thought it would be fun but I wouldn't ever do it. But then at school we had Carrer day, which is when people of different carrers come and talk to you and what not and share what they do. Well in two of classes, I had a photographer. I took this as a sign that I should try photography, I even got to take a picture with his camera and he used it an example, so you could expect I was VERY happy with this.So I asked my mom for a camera for Christmas, and I got one. But not the professional ones but I got a Nikon coolpix. I have been taking pictures of my baby sister, and I guess they are good I just need more practice.So what I'm wondering is, how can I get better? I need more angles, and more ways to be creative, but I just don't know how to find them! I'm really only wanting to take pictures like of people, or maybe nature. Also, do I need to edit? Is there a software of sort to do this? But an easy one for beginners? All I really want to get from this is learning for my own ways, so I'm testing to see if I'd like to do this, I may do it in high school. Any help would be appreciated(:
>>> How to become a better photographer?