Saturday, November 17, 2012

Is it time to move up from a point and shoot to a DSLR?

I have recently gotten really into photography, and want to know if i should upgrade my Nikon Coolpix P500 to a DSLR camera. I am going into to high school next year and am expecting to be taking many photography classes. I am also about to go on a series of trips.In school, because it's our last year there in middle school we are taking a trip to Mexico. Then, during the summer before high school me and my family are going to Paris! We also have two trips planned for Californian in between, including Disneyland. On all of these trips I expect to be taking MANY photos and want to know if it's just overall time to upgrade. Being that I am basically turning into someone who has their camera everywhere, should I upgrade to DSLR? I'm starting to feel like my Nikon point and shoot isn't going to hold up with all the photos I'm about to start taking in the next few months. Also, if I do get a DSLR I was looking at the Nikon D3100. I hear it's a good "entry level" DSLR camera. Would it be right for me?

Thanks in advance!
>>> Is it time to move up from a point and shoot to a DSLR?