Monday, November 12, 2012

Your opinion on this camera?

Hello.

It's probably about time I my own camera. I was thinking about getting an expensive DSLR camera or something similar, but then I came across an add for this.http://shop.nikonusa.com/store/nikonusa/en_US/pd/productID.236005400?merch=ashton_AW100_BuyNow_Top. Its the Coolpix AW100
I can buy direct from Nikon for $280, or I can buy from Amazon and get it for about $200.

I've used the Coolpix models before and I love them.My mom has owned the Coolpix L20 and Coolpix L24. They're pretty good cameras if you know how to use them.

Anyway, I've been reading some of the reviews on Amazon and they seem to be giving good marks for the camera.

I just want yall's opinions on this camera and if any owners have experienced problems or if you know of any I'd like to know. I believe one guy had rotten luck and the camera failed to keep out water several times. I do a lot of camping and bike riding.

As of right now the only cameras I own is the poor 3mp camera on my phone, a disassembled 4mp camera, and my DSi. I have to keep asking my mother for her camera.

I probably will buy this camera regardless. Unless I hear something like "the image sensor dies after a year" or something similar to that guy's problem on Amazon.

So if there are any photography/camera nuts out there, what do you think of this camera?
>>> Your opinion on this camera?