Monday, November 12, 2012

Nikon d5100 SLR Camera, Nikon Coolpix p7700, or Canon Powershot g12?

Nikon d5100 SLR Camera, Nikon Coolpix p7700, or Canon Powershot g12?
I want a camera that can take great quality pictures, compatible, perfect for self-portraits (articulating screen), and does what any SLR camera does.My dad recommends the Nikon d5100 just because it's a SLR camera and it takes better pictures than the Nikong Coolpix p770 and the Canon Powershot g12. However, I just feel that the Nikon d5100 body is too big for me to put it in my bag and bring whole camera with me everywhere. Then there's the Canon Powershot g12 and the Nikon Coolpix p7700. From all the reviews and "hands-on" videos, both of those cameras seem to meet my needs in a camera that I really want.My dad feels that the Canon g12 is a good camera, but it's pretty old (2010) and he believes that i can find a newer camera similar to the g12. That's when he found the Nikon Coolpix p7700. I don't know much about cameras since i'm just a starter (and only 16), but I think the Nikon p7700 could be the one. BUT, it's expensive ($499)

Please tell me your recommendations! I want to get one before Christmas week so I can take my own pictures and not bother my dad to constantly email me his pictures; i'm tired of taking pictures from my phone as well.
>>> Nikon d5100 SLR Camera, Nikon Coolpix p7700, or Canon Powershot g12?