Thursday, November 29, 2012

Advice and/or help on finding the right digital camera?

I currently have a Nikon Coolpix S8000.At the time I bought it, it was a great camera.It did everything I wanted and needed.
Now, I'm a huge concert-goer. I bring my camera to every show I go to. Whenever I want to take a picture or take a video, the quality of the photos aren't as great anymore (compared to what they could be) and the videos taken don't produce that great of audio anymore (produces static and scratchy noise when I play back the videos). I don't know if that's just because of the volume of the music, or what. But it's annoying. I've been to Best Buy and Future Shop looking for a better camera so I can take with me to shows and big concerts without having to worry about taking crappy pictures and poor audio-quality videos. I need something fairly small that I'm able to fit into my pocket or a small bag (I'm a not a professional photographer, and security doesn't let in big high-tech cameras). I've been told that the Canon Sx260HSR would be perfect for what I want to use the camera for. Could this be true? And if there's anything else out there that I don't know of or ever heard of, I'd appreciate it if someone could inform me! Thanks in advance!
>>> Advice and/or help on finding the right digital camera?