Thursday, January 15, 2015

Do I need to use CoolPix rechargeable batteries with my Nikon digital camera?

The lithium batteries that came with my Nikon Coolpix 110 digital camera finally died. I'd like to get rechargeable as I use them for other things. But I notice in the manual it mentions there is a Nikon model of rechargeable batteries. Is it necessary to buy these specific ones for the camera or can I use regular Energizer rechargeable's in this camera? It mentions Nikon EN-MH2 Ni MH batteries. Is this just their model battery but I can use any Ni-Mh battery?
Added (1). Does anyone know what they mean in the manual by not using batteries where the negative end is flat? I have some Energizer NI-MH rechargeables and the negative side is not completely flat but it does have a little raised area on it. Just asking because I put in ones I have and the camera seemed to be making a noise I've never heard, like it was struggling to get power.
I then put in the dying lithiums and it did the same thing. I'm just all set using incorrect batteries and killing the camera.

Read more: Do I need to use CoolPix rechargeable batteries with my Nikon digital camera?