Saturday, November 17, 2012

Broken Battery Compartment on Nikon Coolpix L24?

I received a the Nikon Coolpix L24 as a gift last Christmas and recently, the small clip that held the battery compartment closed, snapped off.Is there anyway to repair this? Or is the camera completely done for? I know that I could simply tape the compartment closed, but I feel as though that wouldn't be entirely wise. I doubt it would be hard to fix, but I could be wrong. Could someone recommend any ideas or suggestions?

Note: The camera does not have a warranty on it, therefore the company isn't liable for what happened to the camera.
Added (1). It's not the compartment itself, I'm sorry for my inaccurate explanation.It's a small clip that held the compartment shut on the inside when you slide the door back into place. The door itself is king of spring loaded.
>>> Broken Battery Compartment on Nikon Coolpix L24?