Monday, October 22, 2012

Nikon Coolpix P500 shutter speed/aperture problems?

Ok, so recently i got a nice Nikon Coolpix P500 camera for my birthday :) i love it so much! everything is perfect about it… except one part. For some reason, when i try to use my shutter speed or aperture settings it comes out either completely black or extremely desaturated! I want to be able to capture fast shots of my dog and little brothers but the only way Im able to is if i want a dark, nearly colorless photo. I have even read the manual which gives no information. I searched the correct settings that are compatible with one another but it still comes out terribly. The only thing i can think of is the ISO setting but I've tried all that the camera offers and it hasn't made a difference.
Added (1). Oh, and i have tried using these settings inside, outside, in bright light, in low light.and still they come out either completely black or very dark/colorless and have gone over the manual many times.
Added (2). The auto setting does NOTHING for what i want
Added (3). I dont know how many times i have said this. Ive taken photography and am in an advanced art class where photography is my focus.Im not an idiot, i know how light effects the settings. What im saying is that no matter what i do on the shutter speed or aperature or manual settings, the pictures come out dark or nearly black and white.
>>> Nikon Coolpix P500 shutter speed/aperture problems?