Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DSLRs for beginners? Deciding between these?

So I was looking for an entry level DSLR. I'm only 13 so can't get something too expensive. Someone recommended the Nikon p510 which I really liked, (http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Compact-Digital-Cameras/26329/COOLPIX-P510.html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-Overview) but I also found the Canon EOS T2i with some sort of kit. (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t2i_ef_s_18_55is_ii_kit). Which has a better quality lens? Do either of them have background defocus? Which has better sound quality for video and a better flash? Which is quicker for taking pictures? Which is easier to control with the buttons? I liked the P510 because it has effects and seemed easier to use. Are either of them compatible with creative lenses? I also liked the P510 because it had effects but I'm open to either of them or another, but I want more details on the Nikon, specifically just how the pictures are in many situations. (vacation, landscapes, friends, parties… ) Thanks!
>>> DSLRs for beginners? Deciding between these?