Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Advice about point and shoot cameras?

I'm considering to buy a camera for about a couple of months.
The camera I'm currently owning a sony dsc s750, 7.2 megapixel and 3x zoom.
However, I've practised with my uncle's nikon D40x and I had quite impressive results for the time I've been taking pictures, especially in macro photos and long exposure low loght ones, which I like the most.
So, I'm thinking of buying a camera with manual controls to experiment with. I can't currently afford a dslr, so I was looking for a travel-zoom or an ultra zoom slr look-alike.
I've searched many models, but I am not experienced enough to see their differences in action, as I can't spend much time testing them.
From the ultra-zooms I've seen, I really like the nikon p510, the fuji hs25exr, the sony hx200v and the panasonic fz48, as can't afford the fz150
From the travel-zooms, I found the panasonic tz30(zs20), thw samsung wb850f and the canon 260 hs.
Do you thing the step from my slim compact to an ultra zoom is too big?
Should I go by the travel zooms, or should I make a purchase which would keep me satisfied for a long time, and give me the opportunity to learn something new every day?
Can you give me one recommendation from each category?
>>> Advice about point and shoot cameras?