Sunday, August 18, 2013

What's best to get a shallow depth of field: portrait mode or macro mode?

I have a Nikon Coolpix L810 and I'm going to be taking some senior photos for a friend and I was wondering what would be best for a shallow depth of field to create blurred backgrounds with my type of camera.Is it best to take the photographs in 'Portrait Mode' or should I just leave it on Auto and put my 'Macro' button on?
I know my DSLR camera is no where near what professional photographers use for those types of photographs. Its what my parents could afford at the time of getting it. I do plan, when I get the money, to upgrade to a more advanced Nikon DSLR (Probably the D3100 or D3200).
Any tips (places, poses, props) for me before I go and take the pictures in a week? I do plan on discussing what my friend definitely wants as far as places and outfits a few hours before taking the pictures.
No negativity.
Thank you in advance! :-)

См. статью: What's best to get a shallow depth of field: portrait mode or macro mode?