Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Second-hand Canon EOS 440D?

Hello there. To begin with, a few months ago I bought a new camera, namely a Nikon Coolpix L110 and I can say I'm quite disappointed. The photos often turn out noisy and unclear. I don't have a tripod, but sometimes, when I move as little as possible, I get awful images. Also, there are hardly any manual settings in this camera, but those were my financial possibilities.
However, I now thought of buying a second-hand Canon EOS 440D + accessories. Now, I would like to know exactly what the differences between the two are. For example, a site says that they have about the same shutter speed range. However, my Nikon won't let me control that and I would like a camera with manual settings so I can learn photography, not a P&S.
Also, I am interested in artistic photography, not just a few pics with my family.
So, the main question is: Should I actually sell my camera and get a second-hand EOS 440D?
Any other suggestions of cameras are welcome, as well.
Added (1). Is it absolutely necessary to own a tripod if you have a DSLR? Would the pictures turn out worse in this case than if having a SLR/P&S camera (also without tripod)?

Read more: Second-hand Canon EOS 440D?