Saturday, February 14, 2015

How to set up a home photo studio?

I am 14 and I really want to set up a photo studio in my house. I want studio quality pictures on a extremely low budget. I want to be a rockabilly/pinup model, so one of my friends will be taking pictures of me. I also will be taking pics of my 2 dogs that are models and impersonators. I am tired of having to book a session with the photographer and then waiting. I want to take their picture when I need them to model something new.
I have a Nikon Coolpix S202. My mom has a Canon PowerShot SX110 IS. My sister has a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. Which would be the best?
What do I do for backdrop? What fabric works the best? What size?
What do I do for lighting? I have a few clamp on worklights (not sure if that is what you call them). Would that work?
I am very new to photography so I don't know all the technical terms, so please don't use them in your answer. I want words that I can understand.
Any other info would be greatly appreciated:)

Read more: How to set up a home photo studio?