Saturday, April 19, 2014

For a specific use (listed below) which of these two lenses is better?

I just purchased a Nikon D3100 DSLR camera with two different lenses. I am an entry-level photographer and will mainly be using this camera for 'action' shots of the family, friends, and my very zippy dog. I have another camera with better macro for still-shots and close-ups.

Anywho, the two lenses given to me with this camera are an 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens. I wanted to know which lens of these two would be ideal for capturing images of my incredibly fast dog? Also, if I use the higher of these options (55-200mm), is there any drawbacks to that lens in comparison to the other?

The attached picture was taken with my 'everyday' camera (Nikon Coolpix s8200) and while it does 'okay' sometimes for actions shots, I need to use the multi-shot mode and even those are hit and miss. As you can see my subject, the dog, is blurred quite distorted.

Thank you for the help in advance!
For a specific use listed below which of these two lenses is better

Read more: For a specific use (listed below) which of these two lenses is better?