Sunday, April 21, 2013

Exhausted Battery- Nikon S9300?

I have a Nikon S9300. I charge the battery up and shortly after using it, it will say "battery exhausted". I always charge it to 100% so that I have more time in between charges. When I just plugged the camera in to charge (because I just got the battery exhausted notification), it tells me the battery is at 50%… so I wouldn't think the battery should die out and not be able to use the camera with a battery at 50%. I would think that would happen at like 10% or less. Any pointers? I've dealt with Nikon Customer Service already and I really hope it's not something I have to contact them about because they absolutely suck.
Added (1). AWBoater- the % remaining is based on when I plug tje camera into the CPU to charge using the USB cord that came with the camera. After charging from 10 min, it goes from 50% to 80%. Still don't understand why the battery is exhausted at 50%.

Vinegar Taster- the battery is less than a year old.It's a lithium ion battery pack, not just simple rechargeables. I don't think it should need to be replaced so quickly. I had a Casio for 5 years where the battery never had such a short life.

См. статью: Exhausted Battery- Nikon S9300?