Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nikon P510 vs Panasonic FZ150? More MP and more ZOOM vs filters, external flash and RAW?

This will be my first camera, but I want a good one. I don't have the money for a DSLR so I will go for a bridge. The Nikon is a 16MP BSI CMOS with 42x optical zoom with the image quality second only to the panasonic but not by much. The panasonic is more expensive and is said to have the better image quality.It has only 12MP and only 24x zoom though, supports RAW, supports external flash, external microphone and you can fit filters on the lens.So the panasonic seems to be a more complete camera but as an amateur I just can't go for the lower MP and zoom. Maybe with teleconversion lens I can achieve the zoom of the nikon but how costly will that be?
Added (1). I am not into serious photography. I don't want to spent more for an slr but I don't expect slr quality either. I just want to get the best for the price I pay. And by the way there are official panasonic lenses specially for the fz150 so it IS designed for extra filters and few lenses. People say between the two brands they'd take the nikon but the panasonic is so much feature-rich and gets almost any way better reviews.
>>> Nikon P510 vs Panasonic FZ150? More MP and more ZOOM vs filters, external flash and RAW?