Monday, January 28, 2013

What are the first things I need to know and read about on taking good photos?

I am saving up for a Nikon, not sure exactly which, I've had the L120 and I didn't like it very much but then again, i dont really know tooooo much about taking a good shot.
I don't have time to take a photography class so I guess it's best to just read about it and learn your new camera which I dont have but hopefully sooooon.

Can anyone give me any tips or websites or books I can get that will help me?
Also, here's a photo that I really like. A girl from my school took this, how does someone get this effect?
Thank you to anyone who can help me! First good answer i promise will be chosen as best!
Added (1). Oh forgot to add the link
Here's the photo

image

hope it works! xx
>>> What are the first things I need to know and read about on taking good photos?