Friday, January 4, 2013

Need help choosing a camera? - 1

I was hoping someone can give me some input on a camera- I mainly would be using it for taking pictures of my 2 little ones and all that they do! I was leaning towards a SLR.In particular the Nikon D3100, D5100 or Canon T3. I feel very overwhelmed by the choices! If I go with a SLR, is the standard lens that comes with it good enought for what I need? I also want to have the option to blur out the background in the pictures of the kids. I was also checking out a Nikon Coolpix P510 which is not a SLR. I am trying to get the most for my money and not spend more than $500-$550..Any info would be greatly appreciated! Even if it is negative! By the way, I have no experience other than with a simple point and shoot camera but I'm willing to learn! I must sound so clueless but would love for someone to point me in the right direction..thank you
>>> Need help choosing a camera? - 1