Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Help Choosing Camera for Uploading Art?

I've been reading up on what cameras are best for taking pictures of art works, as it seems much preferable to scanning. I found a camera I like in a price range I can live with that has a lot of the features listed, but the one issue is it doesn't take pictures in RAW format. Is RAW format really very important for uploading art? Other than this it seems like the perfect model. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Digital-Camera-1080p/dp/B00B7N9D4I/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t
Added (1). PS, forgot to mention, but I am an amateur artist, not a professional; while taking professional quality would be great, I can live with less; the main things for me are that 1. The colors are pretty close to the original 2. The image is sharp and 3. The image is smooth, without any pixelization.

Read more: Help Choosing Camera for Uploading Art?