Sunday, June 16, 2013

Why are my landscape photos coming out grainy?

Hi all. I've been into photography for over 6 years now but only in the last 3 have I actively gotten into landscapes. Ever since I bought my Nikon D5100 back in April 2012 I've been noticing no matter what settings I shoot in the skies and landscapes come out REALLY grainy. I thought it was the dlighting at first but after I turned that off the shots still basically came out the same. Another curious thing I noticed is that the shots come out the same of landscapes with my Nikon P510 Point & Shoot.So I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Here are my settings I usually shoot at for landscapes.

Aperture Priority
ISO 100 (at all times)
f/stop varying depending on lighting
dlighting off
Maxtrix Metering
White Balance Auto
Picture Control Set at Landscape (But the results some out the same no matter how sharp or not sharp it is set at)
Exposure Compensation varying depending on lighting
Auto Focus Area Mode at Auto
Focus Mode at Single-servo AF
Image Quality FINE

I've tried multiple different settings but poor results are present every time. Often everything doesn't seem too well focused either and the shots come out either too bright or too dark, there's no in between.

The grain is especially noticeable with blue skies, clouds, or a hill with pine trees in the shot. The pictures naturally come out grainy on the camera and they look like crap the moment I look at them on the computer.

I use a Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX with my Nikon D5100 for landscapes. I do have a circular polarizer filter but again the grain comes out the same with or without it. I've tried everything I can possibly think of but can't figure out why my shots look so horribly fuzzy and other people with the same cameras have superb results in similar lighting.It's gotta be something I'm doing. I honestly have no idea how to fix this, and it's happening with more than 1 camera so there's gotta be some kind solution.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I would love my shots to come out better, I've been dealing with poor results for too long. Thank you.

См. статью: Why are my landscape photos coming out grainy?